Saturday, January 22, 2011

Aprons

So cool I posted it again....Jane Galloway
 I seem to be interested in colors and vintage stuff today. Looking around online. Just looking at fun stuff...
I made a rude comment about that company Sublime Stitching though. No offense but...why do they have to be "subversive"? Why mock tradition? Just have fun embroidering if that's what you want to do. Why all the attitude? I don't know....Guess it is my own bad attitude... it's just that all their patterns are line drawings. and you can tell they are just traced from more complex art into simple line drawings. Great but don't act like its original. I guess I don't like that knitting fad "Stitch n' Bitch" either. Why bitch? Is that fun? Why not communicate in order to improve oneself/share? What is the allure of complaining?
Pretty






Suzie Stamford crazy upholstered chair


cross stitch tea towel

Vintage embroidery pattern

From Sublime Stitching...everyone knows that all their patterns  are just line drawings? Right? Trace your own?


Cute. And without the gnarly attitude that is on Sublime Stitching.

The couching stitch is better than the chain stich.


Nothing wrong with machine embroidery either

Cute, for like, going to Renfair.

Rosieok (Etsy) crochet

Rosieok (Etsy)


Made out of a linen tea towel

odd vintage pillows

More odd pillows

Old crewellwork

Flax bread...this pic reminded me of Loretta Lynn for some reason

Loretta was a hardworking young mother.

I like her song I Believe

Maureen Ryan, NZ

Rita Angus, New Zealand artist. Snazzy painting.

Mickey to Tiki by Dick Frizzell